5 Days Trek
EASY / MODERATE / DIFFICULT
JUNE - OCTOBER 2017
Trek Cost per person
You think of Spiti, and you think of large mountains sprawling far into the eternity, and the villages perched on the top of those slopes, like oasis in the middle of a vegetation less region.
Few houses, fewer people, going about their life in these treacherous parts of earth with a smile on their lips, and the stories filled with mysticism in their hearts. Ready to be revealed, ready to be concealed within your souls, diaries and cameras.
And that’s what the Homestay trek does to you, as it begins and takes you through some of the highest villages in the world, through winding trails on these meadows with sparse vegetation, and snow-capped peaks in distance, close enough to make your feel that you could just extend your arm and pick a little snow off those slopes.
During this trek you’ll be walking through picturesque trails, and rolling meadows, taking you to the postcard-perfect villages, thus fitting in an experience of life and culture in Spiti valley over a duration of five days. You’ll be getting a peek into the local life, living through the similar conditions, being a part of their daily life, and thus learning more about their ancient architecture, old monasteries, while also coming closer to the exotic endangered wildlife of Spiti Valley.
This easy Spiti Valley trek involves walking for 4 – 5 hours a day, staying at homestays with local families and can be undertaken by anyone with a love for nature, beauty, history and culture. Arguably, we think the Spiti Valley homestay trek is the best way to discover Spiti Valley, and there’s no doubt you’ll agree when you’re through!
Any Personal Expenses / Tips
5% Tax (GST)
Porters / Mules to carry your personal luggage
Any Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
Any accommodation, activities or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God.
Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
1) Windproof Jackets (heavy / feather if you are coming before June and after October)
2) Pullovers / Sweatshirts
3) Warmers / Thermals
4) Woolen caps, mufflers, gloves and socks
5) Raincoat (not necessary – but good to have one) 6) Waterproof / snow-proof trekking shoes
7) An extra pair of shoes
8) Sleeping bag (if you are trekking on your own) 9) Sunscreen
10) Personal Medicines
11) Water bottle
12) A flashlight
13) Solar chargers / Power banks
14) Lip guard
17) Inhalers (if you suffer from asthma)
18) BSNL Prepaid / Postpaid SIM Card
If you are buying new shoes for your Spiti Valley Tour, please remember to use them for at least a month before you commence your holiday.
1) The trek starts at 8 AM on the first day. Hence, it's essential that you arrive in Kaza one day before the tour starts. If you need help with accommodation in Kaza for the previous day, please let us know and we'll arrange a room for you in a good hotel / guest house.
2) Vegetarian food will be easily available. If you need Jain food or have any dietary restrictions, please let us know and we will make the required arrangements.
3) Kaza is accessible by road from Manali. If you want, we would be happy to organize a comfortable taxi to pick you up from New Delhi / Chandigarh and drop you in Kaza.
4) On the last day of this Spiti Homestay trek, please let us know if you need help in arranging a taxi from Kaza to Manali.
The 6 day Spiti holiday we had in the month of August 2016 was one of the most exciting, hassel-free and filled with enriching experiences.Big Thank you goes to each and everyone in Spiti Holiday Adventure for the amazing time we had.It was indeed a pleasure to meet Rahul Mansur who organised the trip for us at a very short notice.Special thanks to Team at Hotel Spiti Serai, Rangrik for their hospitality and our driver Tilak.Would definitely love to experience more off-beat destinations organised by you guys.
Do yourself a big favour and visit Spiti Valley using this company. The whole team is extremely professional and just a lovely bunch! We did 7-day jeep ride which provided a great itinerary to see a lot of what this amazing place has to offer. Spiti Valley is a once in a lifetime experience and totally worth the effort to go!
Thank you for an amazing "Spiti" experience. This was one of the well arranged and managed travel experience that I have been part of. Still missing the hospitality of all the people who hosted us at all places be it Khansar at kaza, Home-stay at Kibber or Mountain Trail Hotel at Manali. Once again a thank you very much and of course hope to travel with you guys once again. As JRR Tolkien says... Home is behind, The world ahead; And there are many paths to tread…