Terms and Conditions
By writing an email to us, making an advance payment or booking a holiday with us, you accept to the following terms and conditions:
- Spiti Holiday Adventure is a registered travel agency in Kaza, Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh.
- Spiti Holiday Adventure holds the right to alter the tour schedule in case of bad weather and other conditions beyond our control that might affect the normal itinerary.
- Meals at the accommodations or other services not utilized during the tour shall be not liable for any kind of refund from the tour price.
- A minimum of 40% advance payment is required to book the trip on definite basis and the balance payment needs to be cleared one week before the tour starts. In case the pending balance is not paid one week before the tour starts, Spiti Holiday Adventure reserves the right to cancel the entire trip and offer no refund to the client.
- For any reason, if you need to cancel a confirmed participation, please contact us by sending an email. Please find below our refund policy for cancellations:
|Intimation Period(days before tour commences)||Refund|
|30 days or more||90% of the total amount|
|Between 15 – 29 days||70% of the total amount|
|Between 8 – 14 days||35% of the total amount|
|Between 0 – 7 days||No Refund|
- Assumption of Risk: We take your safety very seriously. However, by receiving this document electronically, you (the client) acknowledge that there are risks associated with your road trip / trek with us and that you accept responsibility for engaging in activities that may be hazardous to your health. Spiti Holiday Adventure and its owners, employees and contracted associates will not be responsible for any damages, injuries, death, losses, delays, or expenses, whether to person or to property, due to any cause whatsoever.
- Unless mentioned clearly, our price quotes do not include any medical insurance or any insurance of any kind, charges for permits required by Govt. of India, video cameras, still cameras, entry charges for monasteries / temples, any meals / services / transport transfers not mentioned in the itinerary, alcohol / soft drinks, personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc. or anything that is not mentioned in the final acknowledged itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight delay / cancellation, bad weather, ill health, roadblocks, strike, mishaps, landslide, political unrest or any other natural calamities and /or any factors beyond control. In such cases, an extra amount will be charged as per actual.
- Please note that because of the remote nature of some of our trips and destinations in our packages, we cannot provide our clients with a hotel list before we receive an advance deposit to confirm your booking. Hotel availability is subject to change until we confirm your booking with a deposit. All of our Standard and Deluxe accommodation options make use of the best facilities available for the budget in the area and are individually selected by our staff based on quality, comfort and uniqueness of location. A confirmed hotel list will be provided if requested after your advance deposit is received.
- Fixed departures will operate only if we receive a minimum number of participants. For all fixed departure tours, we need a minimum of six people in each batch. For all fixed departure treks, we need a minimum of 8 – 10 people in each batch. This minimum number of participants will be defined by Spiti Holiday Adventure on a case to case basis depending on the type of fixed departure that is offered. If we do not receive the minimum number of participants for a fixed departure, Spiti Holiday Adventure has the right to cancel the tour and offer the registered participants a full refund or another option where they can still take the fixed departure but at a revised price. Only if all participants agree to the price, will the tour be operational.
- To confirm your registration for a fixed departure, a full 100% advance payment is required.
- Travellers registering on a fixed departure have another option of processing a partial payment to confirm their participation. However, please note that in such a case, if there is a cancellation, the cancellation charge will be as per the percentage mentioned in our terms and conditions against the full amount and not the amount paid in advance.
For example: If the tour costs INR 100 and you cancel the tour one month in advance, you are eligible for a refund of 90% which means the cancellation charge will be 10%. In normal cases, we would deduct INR 10 and refund the rest of the INR 90. However, if a partial payment of INR 50 is paid to confirm this fixed departure and then cancel this participation one month in advance, the cancellation charge here will be INR 10 (10% of the original cost of INR 100) and we would issue a refund of INR 40.
- If a partial payment is processed to register for a confirmed participation for a fixed departure, the pending balance has to be paid at least one month prior to start of the departure. If this pending balance is not processed one month prior to the start of the departure, Spiti Holiday Adventure holds the right to cancel the reservation and offer no refund. No intimation will be provided for the same.
- We are not responsible for last minute accommodation upgradations / changes that results in cancellation fees, the difference in price between your pre-existing hotel reservation and any new booking made on your behalf mid-trip.